Basil, Swiss and Spinach Quiche
Basil seasoned spinach, Swiss and Parmesan cheese quiche with pine nuts.
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (10-ounce) package chopped frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
6 large eggs
1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons crushed dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese - divided use
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
2 (9-inch) unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, sauté onion, green bell pepper and garlic until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in spinach (well drained, excess moisture squeezed out) and sauté 2 more minutes; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, evaporated milk, milk, basil, salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in spinach mixture, Swiss Cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and pine nuts.
- Divide evenly between pie crusts. Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until centers are just set.
Makes 2 (9-inch) pies or 12 servings.