Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Buttermilk pancakes, the perfect backdrop for blueberries, or is it the other way around? Either way, blueberry buttermilk pancakes are delicious topped with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter, melted (or use vegetable oil, if desired)
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries - rinsed, dried and tossed in flour
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl; stir in buttermilk and melted butter
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Fold in blueberries.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F (190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
Makes 9 (4-inch) pancakes.