Blueberry Streusel Coffeecake
Tender, lemon-scented sour cream coffeecake with fresh blueberries and a crunchy streusel topping.
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13x9x2-inch pan; set aside.
- To prepare topping: Combine all ingredients until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in nuts and reserve.
- To prepare batter: Cream butter until fluffy, add sugar and lemon rind and beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl and then add dry mixture alternately with the sour cream to the creamed mixture; blending well after each addition.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared baking pan. Sprinkle blueberries over batter. Sprinkle reserved topping over blueberries.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm.
Makes 12 servings.