These tender, savory breakfast egg custards make a great addition to a weekend brunch buffet.
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
1 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs well. Add next 5 ingredients. Blend in milk.
- Divide cheese up among 4 individual custard dishes.
- Pour mixture evenly into custard cups.
- Place cups into baking pan and fill with boiling water one-inch deep.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425°F (220°C) for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.