Breakfast In A Cup
These tasty mini breakfast 'cups' are a great brunch idea.
3 cups cooked rice
1 1/4 cups (5-ounces) shredded cheddar or American cheese - divided use
4 large eggs, divided use
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup milk
1/2 to 1 teaspoon paprika for garnish
- Combine rice, 3/4 cup cheese, and 2 eggs (slightly beaten) in large bowl.
- Press mixture equally into bottoms and sides of 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C), 5 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Blend chiles, pimientos, cumin, salt, pepper, milk, and remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 2 eggs in small bowl; pour equally into cups. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Return to oven; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until set.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.