Breakfast The Night Before
This dish is made easier by mixing it the night before. A good addition to a brunch buffet or as a holiday breakfast.
1 pound bulk, fresh pork sausage, mild or spicy-hot as desired
8 slices bread, cubed
2 cups cubed cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
4 large eggs
2 1/2 cups milk
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed or golden cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
- Cook sausage in large skillet until brown, breaking up with wooden spoon; drain. Pat sausage dry with paper towels.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Place bread cubes in baking dish. Sprinkle cubed cheddar cheese over bread. Sprinkle sausage over cheese.
- Combine eggs, 2 1/2 cups milk and dry mustard in medium bowl; beat with rotary beater or fork until well mixed. Pour egg mixture over layered mixture in baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Stir together cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup milk in small bowl. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Place baking dish on baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, about 1 1/2 hours or until center is set when baking dish is slightly jiggled. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 448, Protein 24 grams, Fat 30 grams, Sodium 1153 milligrams, Cholesterol 175 milligrams, Saturated Fat 13 grams, Carbohydrates 20 grams, Fiber 1 grams.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Pork, Be Inspired®.