Golden, puffy and impressive broccoli cheese
souffle. A near-perfect way to get the naysayers to eat broccoli
because it's pureed for this dish.
Broccoli Cheese Souffle
- 8-ounces cooked broccoli
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 Large Chino Valley fresh eggs, separated
1 teaspoon Dijon style mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2-ounces (1/2 cup) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Puree cooked broccoli, cottage cheese
and milk in blender.
- Melt butter in saucepan and stir in flour.
Add egg yolks, mustard, broccoli mixture, salt and pepper. Cook
until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into
- Turn into greased 4 to 5 cup souffle dish
or 4 individual souffle dishes.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until browned
on top. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition per serving: Calories 211, Protein
18g, Carbohydrates 7g, Fiber 1.8g, Fat 13g, Cholesterol 188mg,
Sodium 429mg, Iron 1.3mg.
Recipe provided courtesy of Chino Valley