Golden, puffy cheese soufflé made with diced Canadian bacon.
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
6 large egg yolks
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons pimientos, chopped
1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
6 large egg whites
3/4 pound Canadian bacon, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 2-quart baking dish with butter; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Beat egg yolks with an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Beat in cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, chopped pimiento, chopped green onion, and Dijon mustard.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gently, fold into the yolk mixture, then fold in diced canadian bacon.
- Turn into the prepared baking dish and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the center is set.
Makes 6 servings.