Cheese and Ham Strata
Three types of cheese, ham, asparagus, red bell pepper, portabella mushroom and green olives make up this Italian bread strata, a delightfully satisfying dish for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
7 large eggs
1 1/4 cups half-and-half
8 stalks asparagus, thinly sliced
4 cups Italian bread, cubed
3/4 cup ham, cubed
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup portabella mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup stuffed green olives
1/2 cup Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Wisconsin Jack cheese, cubed
1/4 cup Wisconsin Feta cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and half-and-half until well blended.
Set aside. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Grease 6 (1 1/2 cup) casserole dishes or 1 (13x9x2-inch) baking dish.
- Spoon bread and cheese mixture into dish(es).
- Pour egg mixture over the top.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Place casserole(s) in a 350°F (175°C) preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and eggs are set.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Serves 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.