Cherry Oatmeal Bake
Top individual servings of this baked cherry oatmeal with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
1/2 cup dried tart cherries
1/2 cup quick oats, uncooked
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups skim milk
1 large egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Vanilla yogurt for accompaniment
- Combine cherries, oats, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk, egg and almond extract.
- Spray four 10-ounce custard cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide mixture evenly between custard cups.
- Place filled cups on baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven 30 to 40 minutes, or until centers are still slightly soft.
- Serve warm with a dollop of vanilla yogurt.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): 195 calories, 1.5 g total fat (0 g saturated fat), 2.5 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Dietary Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 low-fat milk.
Recipe and photograph are provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.