Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council.
4 cups diced cooked chicken
8 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup shallots
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Add ricotta cheese and stir, leaving cheese in small chunks.
- In a 12-inch non-stick frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté 4 to 5 minutes until softened.
- Add red peppers and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add one half of arugula and cook to wilt, turning with tongs. Add remaining arugula and wilt in same manner. Stir in chicken to combine with vegetables.
- Pour egg mixture into pan with vegetables and chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until edges of frittata are set.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove frittata and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 360; Total Fat: 21g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Total Carbs: 6g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 2g; Protein: 37g.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.