Crescent Caramel Swirl Coffeecake
A quick and easy caramel swirl coffeecake thanks to refrigerated crescent rolls.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon water
2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Coat bottom and sides of 12-cup bundt pan with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter; sprinkle pan with 3 tablespoons of the nuts.
- Add remaining nuts, brown sugar and water to remaining melted butter. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove dough from cans; do not unroll. Cut each long roll into 8 slices.
Arrange 8 slices, cut side down, in nut-lined pan; separate layers of each pinwheel slightly.
- Spoon half of brown sugar mixture over dough. Place remaining 8 dough slices alternately over bottom layer. Spoon remaining brown sugar mixture over slices.
- Bake for 23 to 33 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 3 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Serve warm.
Makes 12 servings.