Nothing beats coffee cake warm from the oven with a hot cup of coffee or tea first thing in the morning. This cake is as versatile as is your imagination when adding fruits and/or nuts.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy; beat in eggs.
- Combine yogurt and orange peel.
- Stir half of flour mixture into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in half of yogurt mixture until blended. Repeat with remaining flour and yogurt mixtures and stir until blended.
- Spread batter evenly into 13x9x2-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, flour and butter until blended; sprinkle evenly over top of batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.