Curried Eggs in Tomato Cups
This recipe makes a great bruncheon dish.
12 large ripe tomatoes (not beefsteak)
1 teaspoon per tomato of white Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon curry powder per tomato
Minced fresh dill
1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese per tomato
1/4 teaspoon minced chives per tomato
1/4 teaspoon thyme per tomato
12 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Cut off the top of each tomato. If necessary, cut a very thin slice off bottom of each tomato to make a flat base to make more stable. Carefully scoop out enough pulp to leave room for each egg.
- Option 1: Place 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce and 1/4 teaspoon of curry into each tomato cup. Break an egg into each tomato cup. Sprinkle a bit of dill on top.
- Option 2: Break an egg into tomato cup. Sprinkle each egg with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1/4 teaspoon each chives and thyme.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until eggs have set but are not hard. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings.