Easy Elegant Egg Bake
Delicate baked eggs make a delightful breakfast or brunch entrée. Especially when served in flaky puff pastry and topped with a dill and sour cream sauce.
4 frozen puff pastry shells
4 large eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1 (2-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bake shells according to package directions. Do not overbake.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F (190°C). Carefully remove center of tops and soft pastry underneath. Set aside*.
- Break and slip 1 egg into each shell. Continue baking until egg whites are almost set, about 14 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together sour cream, mushrooms, dill weed and salt until well combined.
- Remove shells from oven. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the sour cream mixture over each egg. Continue baking until hot, about 3 minutes.
Makes 2 servings.
*Bake tops alongside filled shells and serve as lids or accompaniments, if desired.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board.