Egg-Stuffed Breakfast Tomatoes
1 (12-ounce) package frozen Welsh rarebit, cooked according to package instructions
8 medium tomatoes
8 large eggs
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease baking sheet.
- Cut 1/2-inch slice from top of each tomato; scoop out pulp, leaving shell intact. Place tomatoes upside down on paper towels and drain for 5 minutes. Place tomatoes right side up on prepared baking sheet; season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Break an egg into each tomato. Sprinkle evenly with onion and cheddar cheese. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Prepare Welsh rarebit according to package directions. Pour over eggs; garnish with parsley.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.