Egg and Cheese Waffle Sandwich
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
2 (4-inch) frozen round waffles
1 large egg, beaten
1 slice Colby Jack or American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Generously coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place waffles on baking sheet. Spoon egg over waffles, spreading to fill cavities.
- Bake in 400°F (205°C) oven until egg is set and waffles are crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Top one waffle with cheese. Cover with remaining waffle and press together. Let stand 1 minute to allow cheese to melt.
Makes 1 serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 361; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 246mg; Total Carbs: 30g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 667mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.