Egg, Sausage and Cheddar Breakfast Bowl
A convenient and mess-free breakfast – made in the microwave with just 5 ingredients!
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, vitamin D and choline and a good source of vitamin A, folate, calcium and iron.
2 large eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons fully-cooked breakfast sausage crumbles or 1 fully-cooked breakfast sausage link or patty, chopped
1 tablespoon finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat egg and milk in 2-cup cereal bowl until blended. Add sausage.
- Microwave on HIGH 45 seconds; push cooked edges toward center. Microwave until egg is almost set, about 45 to 60 seconds longer.
- Top with cheese. Serve immediately.
Makes 1 serving.
- Don't overcook. Eggs will continue to cook and firm up after removed from microwave.
- Microwave ovens vary. Cook time may need to be adjusted.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 recipe): Calories: 226; Total Fat: 16 g (Saturated fat: 6 g; Polyunsaturated fat: 2 g; Monounsaturated fat: 4 g) Cholesterol: 388 mg; Sodium: 316 mg; Carbohydrates: 3 g; Dietary Fiber: 0 g; Protein: 18 g; Vitamin A: 687.4 IU; Vitamin D: 98.6 IU; Folate: 49.8 mcg; Calcium: 147.2 mg; Iron: 1.9 mg; Choline: 300 mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).