Egg Soufflé Casserole
This make-ahead casserole, made with eggs, link sausage, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, cream of mushroom soup and bread croutons, makes a hearty entrée for breakfast, brunch or supper.
1 1/2 pounds link sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 1/2 cups milk
4 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
3 cups croutons
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (4-ounce) can mushrooms, drained
2/3 cup milk
- Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet until browned, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine milk, eggs and dry mustard; mix well. Layer croutons, cheddar cheese, egg mixture and sausage in the baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°).
- In a medium bowl, combine condensed soup, mushrooms and milk. Spread on top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 90 minutes or until casserole is set and lightly browned.
Makes 8 servings.