Eggnog French Toast
An easy holiday breakfast, French toast made with purchased eggnog and served with warm cherry pie filling.
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups eggnog
12 slices day-old thick-cut bread (about 1 1/2-inches thick)
Cherry pie filling, warmed for accompaniment
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat eggs and eggnog in medium bowl until blended.
- Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture into 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Place 6 bread slices in pan; turn slices over and let stand until egg mixture is absorbed. Place bread in single layer on greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture and bread, using a second baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven, turning once, until browned on both sides and no visible liquid egg remains, about 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with warm cherry pie filling or maple syrup.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): calories: 260; total fat: 9g; saturated fat: 4g; polyunsaturated fat: 2g; monounsaturated fat: 3g; cholesterol: 223mg; sodium: 446mg; carbohydrates: 31g; dietary fiber: 1g; protein: 13g; vitamin A: 400.8IU; vitamin D: 72.1IU; folate: 79.6mcg; calcium: 186.1mg; iron: 2.9mg; choline: 166.0mg.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).