Fantastic Buttermilk Pancakes
These tasty low-fat buttermilk pancakes are so tender and light, they practically melt in your mouth. If you prefer pancakes thinner rather than thicker, then this recipe is just what you're looking for.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1 large egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup sour cream
Butter and maple syrup for accompaniment (optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk and sour cream. Add to flour mixture and gently mix together. Do not over mix. Let batter rest for 10 minutes (very important).
- Heat a greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F (190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffy, bubbles appear on surface and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
Makes 15 (4-inch) pancakes.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/15 of recipe): 74.7 calories; 44% calories from fat; 3.8g total fat; 21.5mg cholesterol; 177.9mg sodium; 60.2mg potassium; 7.9g carbohydrates; 0.2g fiber; 0.9g sugar; 7.7g net carbs; 2.3g protein.