French Toast with Cinnamon-Maple Syrup
This French toast recipe doubles up on the flavors of maple and cinnamon.
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 large eggs
1 cup whipping cream or half and half
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 pieces egg bread (3/4 to 1-inch thick)
Additional butter for cooking
- Bring syrup, 1 tablespoon butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to boil in medium saucepan. Boil for 2 minutes. Cool.
- Whisk eggs, cream, vanilla, 3 tablespoons maple syrup mixture and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in bowl.
- Place bread slices in large baking dish. Pour egg mixture over; turn to coat. Pierce bread in several places with fork. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add bread and cook until brown, about 3 minutes. If needed, add more butter to skillet; turn over bread and cook until brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plates.
- Serve with remaining syrup.
Makes 2 servings.