French Toast Cheddar Sandwiches
Grilled cheese with a French toast twist.
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 slices of white bread
4 teaspoons prepared mustard
4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 4 slices
1 tablespoon butter
- Beat 2 eggs slightly in a shallow bowl and add milk and salt; set aside.
- Spread 8 slices of white bread out on a working surface. Spread one side of four slices lightly with prepared mustard.
- Place cheddar cheese slices on 4 slices.
- Butter the remaining four slices of bread with 4 teaspoons butter and place on top of the other bread, butter side down.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet and carefully dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both sides. Allow the excess egg mixture to drain. Cook over low heat until browned. Turn and brown the other side.
Makes 4 servings.