Fresh Fruit Crêpes with Kiwifruit Sauce
Crêpes may be served as a special breakfast, a brunch treat or as a dessert.
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
For Kiwifruit Sauce:
2 tablespoons passion fruit pulp (or substitute 1/2 ripe banana, mashed)
1 tablespoon honey
1 cup mixed seasonal fresh fruit, sliced
- Combine the crêpe ingredients in the order given in a food processor and process until smooth. Refrigerate for two hours. The
- consistency should be like thin cream. If not, then thin with a little extra milk.
- Pour two to three tablespoon of mixture into a buttered Preheated crêpe pan. Immediately tilt pan so the batter covers the
- bottom in a thin film. Once the mixture no longer looks wet in the center, then turn the crêpe over and cook the other side.
- Continue to cook the mixture in this way until all used. Stack the crêpes on a serving plate.
- For sauce, slice kiwifruit into halves and spoon out small chunks into a small bowl, then mash with a fork. Add in the passion
- fruit pulp and the honey, and stir together to combine.
- To serve, arrange the fresh fruit on top of the crêpe stack and spoon the kiwifruit sauce over the top.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of ZESPRI™ Kiwifruit.