Frittata with Mashed Potato and Maine Lobster
Frittata is an Italian-style omelet, or you could say it's a quiche with no crust.
6 large eggs
1/4 cup light cream
1/2 cup mashed potato
8-ounces cooked Maine lobster
2 scallions, finely chopped
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1-ounce crumbled feta cheese
Sea salt and fresh pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in the cream and mashed potato and continue stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the Maine lobster, scallions, parsley and feta cheese. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Brush a 9-inch square pan or a 10-inch round pan with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven for about 30 minutes, or until set.
- Let rest in the pan before cutting into wedges and serving.
Makes 6 serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): 164 calories, 16 grams protein, 5 grams carbohydrates, 9 grams fat, 303 mg. sodium, 1 gram fiber.
Recipe provided courtesy of Maine Lobster Promotion Council.