These homemade pancakes are so light and fluffy. Make them occasionally for supper as a special treat! Serve with your favorite toppings.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour or whole wheat flour or a combination
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons canola oil (plus more for oiling the pan)
Suggested Toppings: Blueberries, yogurt, saskatoons, chocolate chips, bananas, raisins, granola, walnuts, strawberries, peaches, whipped cream and maple syrup.
- Preheat electric griddle* to 325°F (160°C).
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk milk, eggs, and canola oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Oil electric griddle with canola oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle to make pancakes. Cook about 1 1/2 minutes each side (depending on size).
Makes 12 servings.
*If using a non-electric griddle or skillet, preheat over medium heat.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe; does not including topping): Calories: 120; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 240mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.