Green Onion and Sausage Casserole
Fluffy eggs and milk bake around plenty of rich sausage and green onions in this make-ahead crowd pleaser. Try it the next time you have house guests or when the whole family shows up for a holiday brunch.
2 pounds breakfast sausage, bulk or casings removed
2 cups cubed day old bread
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
10 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups whole milk
1 bunch green onions, trimmed and chopped
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon salt
- Grease 3-quart casserole; set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, crumble sausage and cook until brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Arrange bread in prepared casserole; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl combine sausage, eggs, milk, green onions, mustard and salt; mix well. Pour over bread; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake casserole for 1 hour or until set and golden brown.
Makes 10 servings.