Hash Brown Quiche
Breakfast, brunch, light lunch or supper, this quiche does it all!
6 large eggs - divided use
3/4 teaspoon celery salt - divided use
2 cups (about 12 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
2 cups (about 12 ounces) frozen vegetable blend
1/2 cup diced cooked turkey or chicken
1 cup nonfat or low-fat (1%) milk
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Evenly coat deep 9-inch pie plate with spray. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat together 1 of the eggs and 1/4 teaspoon of the celery salt.
- Stir in potatoes until well combined.
- To form crust, press potato mixture onto bottom and up sides of pie plate.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with vegetables and turkey.
- In medium bowl, beat together milk, remaining 5 eggs and remaining 1/2 teaspoon celery salt until well blended.
- Pour over vegetables and turkey.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190°C) oven until puffed in center and knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): 182 calories, 7 gm total fat, 222 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 439 mg potassium, 16 gm carbohydrate, 14 gm protein and 10% or more of the RDI for vitamins A, B12 and C, riboflavin, calcium, iron, phosphorus.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the American Egg Board (AEB) and Egg Nutrition Center (ENC).