Idaho® Potato Cheesy Biscuit Scramble
Recipe courtesy of Stephen Ganser, General Manager, Metz Culinary Management, West Perry School District, Elliottsburg, Pennsylvania.
12 pre-made refrigerated biscuit dough rounds
12 ounces scrambled egg, salt and ground black peppered to taste
12 ounces Idaho® hash browns
3 slices turkey bacon
1 small onion, diced
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
3 ounces low-fat shredded cheese
- Press biscuit flat and mold into greased muffin tin.
- Brown peppers and onions.
- Brown hash browns.
- Lightly scramble egg (leave wet).
- Cook and chop bacon slices.
- Mix potatoes, green peppers, and onion.
- Fill biscuit cup with egg, bacon, hash browns and top with cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for 11 to 13 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 150; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 130mg; Total Carbs: 16g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 8g; Sodium: 330mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.