Max's Breakfast Potatoes
Breakfast, brunch or dinner, this delicious potato side dish can be served anytime of the day. Recipe courtesy of Chef Jay Miller of Perkins Family Restaurants in Memphis, Tennessee.
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces onion cut in 1/4-inch dice
1 quart sour cream
1 cup 2% milk
10 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (2 1/2 cups)
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
5 pounds cooked, chilled Idaho® potatoes cut in 1/2-inch cubes
1 ounce (1/2 cup) panko bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon melted butter
- Melt butter in sauté pan. Add onion; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine sour cream, milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Gently mix together. Fold in potatoes and onion.
- Spray half-size hotel pan with vegetable oil. Spread potato mixture evenly in pan.
- Combine topping ingredients in bowl; mix well. Sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven, uncovered, until bubbling hot, about 30 minutes.
Makes 15 servings. (Recipe can be halved.)
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.