Mini Cheddar Quiche Bites
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
1/4 to 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or regular bread crumbs
4 large eggs
1/3 cup half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (5 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Generously spray 24 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray. Pat 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crumbs in the bottom of each muffin cup. Tap muffin pan to lightly coat sides of each muffin cup.
- Beat eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper in medium bowl until blended. Add cheese; mix well. Spoon evenly into mini-muffin cups, about 1 tablespoon each.
- Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven until just set, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack 5 minutes. Loosen quiches from sides of muffin cups with a thin knife. Remove from cups; serve warm.
Makes 24 mini quiches.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 258; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 231mg; Total Carbs: 5g; Protein: 16g; Sodium: 453mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.