Noodle-Crusted Denver Quiche
Recipe courtesy of the American Egg Board.
2 cups uncooked fine egg noodles (4-ounce), cooked, drained
1 tablespoon water
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
3 tablespoons chopped onion
1 cup chopped cooked ham (4-ounce)
6 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Press noodles evenly on bottom and sides of greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Heat water in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir until water has evaporated and vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes Add ham; mix well. Spoon into noodle crust.
- Beat eggs, milk and mustard in medium bowl until blended. Carefully pour over ham mixture.
- Bake in center of 375°F (190°C) oven until center is puffed and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes Cut into wedges.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 193; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 241mg; Total Carbs: 18g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 14g; Sodium: 280mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the American Egg Board.