The sunny orange scent of this crunchy granola makes it almost irresistible.
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup sweetened or unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup diced dried mixed fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine all ingredients except dried fruit in large bowl; mix well.
- Spread evenly in a lightly greased 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan or 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely in pan.
- Stir in dried fruit. Store tightly at room temperature.
Makes 4 cups..