Pan Dulce French Toast Bake
Pan dulce, sweet Mexican bread, stars in this delicious French toast casserole. A great choice for a weekend breakfast or brunch, this dish is epecially nice served with lightly sweetened fresh strawberries.
2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Pure Instant Coffee Granules, dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
4 large eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
8 cups (about 4 small) cubed pan dulce (sweet Mexican bread)
Powdered sugar (optional)
NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche or your favorite syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch-square baking pan.
- Whisk coffee, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in large bowl until well blended.
- Place pan dulce cubes in prepared baking pan. Evenly pour egg mixture over pan dulce, ensuring all cubes are moistened. Let stand for 5 minutes for cubes to absorb the liquid.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Dulce de Leche or your favorite syrup.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 530; Calories from Fat: 180; Total Fat: 20g (31% of DV);Saturated Fat: 8g (39% of DV); Cholesterol: 270mg (89% of DV); Sodium: 240mg (10% of DV); Carbohydrates: 69g (23% of DV); Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV); Sugars: 41g; Protein: 17g; Vitamin A: 10% of DV; Vitamin C: 0% of DV; Calcium: 30% of DV; Iron: 15% of DV.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.