Peachy-Cheesy French Toast
Peaches and cream cheese, this stuffed French toast is simply peachy-creamy good!
1 (16-ounce) package frozen sliced peaches, thawed
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup (4-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1 (16-ounce) whole loaf French bread
6 large eggs
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
Butter or margarine for frying
- Cook peach slices in a medium saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated; set aside and keep warm.
- Beat cheeses in a medium mixing bowl at low speed of an electric mixer until blended. Stir in apricot preserves.
- Cut bread into 1 1/2-inch-thick slices. Make a horizontal pocket in each bread slice; spoon about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pocket.
- Combine eggs, whipping cream and salt in a medium mixing bowl; beat at low speed until blended. Dip each bread slice in egg mixture, and dredge in crushed cereal.
- Cook bread slices in butter in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve immediately with warm peach slices.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.