Recipe courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.
4 fresh California peaches - divided use
2 cups reduced fat, all-purpose baking mix
1 1/2 cups apple juice
1 large egg, slightly beaten
Non-stick cooking spray
- Chop one peach to make 1 cup Slice remaining peaches; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, juice and egg until just moistened. Stir in fruit.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat; coat with non-stick spray.
- Spoon 1/4 cup batter onto griddle; spread out mixture slightly with the back of spoon.
- Cook until bubbles form on top and underside is golden brown.
- Turn pancakes; cook until golden brown.
- Top with peach slices and butter pat to make smiley face.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 221; Total Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 35mg; Total Carbs: 43g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 5g; Sodium: 477mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.