Potato Bacon Kugel
One of the tastiest potato casseroles ever, makes a great side dish for brunch or supper.
4 strips bacon
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup milk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grate potatoes and place in a colander; press out as much water as you can.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until brown and crisp; drain and crumble.
- In the same skillet, combine potatoes, bacon and onion; cook until heated through. Transfer to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until hot. Remove from heat and add egg, stirring until mixed well.
- Add egg mixture to potato mixture. Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Bake until top is lightly brown, about 1 hour.
Makes 8 servings.