Puffed Pancake with Lemon Curd and Fresh Fruit
This lemon curd and fresh fruit-topped puffy pancake makes a delicious brunch offering or dessert.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/2 cup lemon curd
3 cups fresh fruit (raspberries or blueberries, slice bananas, peaches)
Sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in medium bowl. Add milk and eggs; whisk until blended.
- Place butter in 9-inch pie plate; melt in oven for 2 to 4 minutes or until butter sizzles. Remove from oven; immediately pour batter into hot plate.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Spread curd over pancake.
- To serve, cut pancake into wedges; top with fresh fruit and whipped cream as desired.
Makes 4 servings.