Dazzle your family with these yummy pancakes razzled with berries! Add any combination of fresh berries for a double or triple dose of razzle dazzle.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup milk
1 cup fresh berries in any combination desired (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries)
Additional berries for accompaniment
Maple syrup for accompaniment
Lightly sweetened whipped cream for accompaniment
- Whisk together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs; add the yogurt and milk, mixing well.
- Add egg mixture to the flour mixture; stirring by hand until just combined. Gently fold in 1 cup berries into batter, being careful not to break up the fruit.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium heat (375°F / 190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until surface is covered with bubbles and appear dry around the edges. Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with additional berries spooned on top, drizzle with maple syrup and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Makes 12 (4-inch) pancakes.