Ricotta Cheese Pancakes
Beaten egg whites are gently folded into the batter making these ricotta pancakes the fluffiest ever.
2 cups ricotta cheese, drained
6 large eggs, separated, egg whites beaten until stiff
1/4 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat together ricotta, egg yolks, sugar, flour and vanilla in mixing bowl.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375°F (190°C). Griddle is ready when a few drops of water bubble and skitter rapidly around.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook pancakes until puffed, bubbly and dry around edges. Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit such as raspberries, blackberries or strawberries macerated with sugar.
Makes 10 to 12 (3-inch) pancakes.