Sliced, hard-boiled eggs and crumbled bacon in a creamy mushroom sauce served over crispy chow mein noodles.
6 large hard-boiled eggs
8 strips of bacon
1/2 pound mushroom, sliced
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup milk
2 ounces diced pimientos
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
1/8 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Crispy chow mein noodles for accompaniment
- Slice hard-boiled eggs lengthwise; place in a lightly greased 8-inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet cook strips of bacon until crisp; reserve 2 tablespoons of drippings and set aside the bacon.
- In the skillet sauté until tender the sliced mushrooms with the reserved bacon drippings, drain well then spoon over the eggs.
- In a bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup (undiluted), mayonnaise, milk, diced pimientos, and chopped green onions; mix well and spoon over the mushrooms. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and chopped parsley. Serve over chow mein noodles.
Makes 6 servings.