Sausage and Cheddar Breakfast Casserole
Prepare this breakfast casserole the night before serving for a no-fuss morning.
1 pound sausage
6 large eggs
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook sausage until done; remove and drain. Slice if using link sausage.
- In a small bowl beat together eggs, milk, salt and mustard; mix well.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Arrange bread crumbs on bottom, sausage and cheddar cheese. Pour egg mixture over top, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake for 45 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is melted and golden. Let stand about 5 minutes before cutting.
Makes 6 servings.