Sausage Breakfast Cakes
Savory, cinnamon-scented pancakes made with cooked and crumbled sausage. Surprisingly good topped with butter and maple syrup.
1 pound sausage
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups biscuit and baking mix
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Butter for accompaniment
Maple syrup for accompaniment
- Preheat griddle to 350°F (175°C).
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet and cook until browned; drain thoroughly. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine milk and eggs. Add biscuit mix and blend until batter is smooth. Stir in melted butter, cinnamon and cooked sausage.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of batter onto hot griddle, brown on both sides.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup or as desired.
Makes 4 servings.