Silver Dollar Pancakes with Mixed Berry Topping
Fun to eat, bite-size buttermilk pancakes with a honey-sweetened mixed berry topping.
1 (12-ounce) package frozen mixed berries, thawed
1/4 cup honey
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- To make Mixed Berry Topping: In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine thawed mixed berries, honey and gingerroot. Cook and stir until just hot and well blended. Set aside.
- To Make Pancake Batter: in a large bowl combine together flour, sugar, and baking soda. Stir in buttermilk, eggs and 2 tablespoons melted butter just until blended.
- Brush large nonstick griddle or skillet with some of the remaining butter; heat over medium-high heat.
- Using 1 heaping tablespoon batter for each pancake, spoon batter onto griddle. Cook until bubbly; turn and cook until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter using remaining butter as needed to make 28 pancakes.
- Serve hot with Mixed Berry Topping.
Makes 4 servings.