Smoked Mackerel Frittata
Recipe courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.
12 ounces smoked mackerel, skinned and roughly chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 large onion, sliced
1 pound potatoes, thinly sliced
6 large eggs, beaten
4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
Fresh dill, for garnish
- Preheat oil and butter in a large non-stick pan. Add onions and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add potatoes and cook 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add eggs and cook over a gentle heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add fish and tomatoes. Cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve with warm crusty bread and a green salad.
Makes 4 servings.
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org.