Smoky California Quiche
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
6 ounces bacon, chopped
1/2 cup diced leeks (1/4-inch)
1 cup blanched asparagus tips, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
1 cup sliced California Ripe Olives
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped thyme
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 large eggs, beaten
1 cup whole milk, heated slightly
1 (9-inch) pre-baked pie crust
- Preheat a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat. Add bacon and cook for 4 to 6 minutes until browned. Stir in leeks and continue to cook for 2 to 4 minutes until leeks are softened and bacon is crispy.
- Strain excess grease from pan, then mix in asparagus, California Ripe Olives, thyme, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and warmed milk. Stir in vegetable mixture and pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 5 to 10 minutes, then cut into wedges.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 408; Total Fat: 29g; Cholesterol: 171mg; Total Carbs: 19g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 17g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.