Spinach and Mushroom Quiche
This easy spinach and mushroom quiche is wonderful served for brunch or supper. Recipe makes two quiches.
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
3 tablespoons butter
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 large eggs
2 cups whipping cream
2 (9-inch) unbaked pie shells
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain and squeeze out any excess moisture.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and mushrooms in butter until just tender. Remove from heat and add spinach, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and cream; mix well.
- Combine egg mixture with spinach mixture.
- Divide mixture between pie shells and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the center is set.
Makes 2 quiches or 12 servings.