Spinach Peach Frittata
Recipe courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.
1 clove minced garlic
1 small onion, very thinly sliced
1 tablespoons olive oil
6 ounces fresh spinach, cooked (about 3/4 cup), drained and chopped*
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
2 large fresh California peaches, pitted and sliced
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup (2 ounces) shredded Muenster cheese
- In heavy, oven-proof 10-inch fry pan, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil just until wilted.
- Press spinach to remove all water; chop and add to pan. Heat through, blending with the garlic and onion.
- Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove from heat. Arrange peach slices on top of spinach mixture.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly with water and pour over all. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 325°F (160°C) for 30 to 45 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 6 servings.
*1 (10-ounce) package of frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped may be substituted for fresh spinach.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 130; Total Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 150mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 8g; Sodium: 320mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement.