Sunny Ham and Eggs
This easy and delicious layered breakfast pie has a hash brown crust topped with a layer of Swiss cheese, ham, Jack cheese and mushrooms, topped with a golden layer of paprika seasoned egg.
1 (15-ounce) package frozen hash brown potato patties
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 1/2 cups chopped cooked ham
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Cut and fit frozen hash brown potato patties (slightly thawed) into a greased 9-inch pie pan. Press in firmly. Brush with butter and bake at 425°F (220°C) for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C).
- Into the pie pan, layer Swiss cheese, ham, Monterey Jack cheese, and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, seasoned salt, paprika, and chopped parsley. Pour over the pie.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.