Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Traditionally lingonberries are used. This
recipe calls for the more readily available fresh raspberries
with Berry Topping
- 1 1/2-pint basket raspberries
- 1 1/2-pint basket blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine raspberries, blackberries, sugar
and ground cardamom in medium bowl.
Mix together gently.
- Let mixture
stand until berries are juicy, stirring occasionally,
at least 30 minutes. Set aside.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Melted butter
- Blend eggs and 1/3 cup milk in processor
until smooth. Add flour, ground cardamom
and salt and process until mixture
is thick and smooth.
- With machine running, add remaining 2/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup half and half and
the 3 tablespoons melted butter and
mix batter until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 200°F (95°C).
Place oven-proof platter in oven.
- Heat large griddle or skillet over medium-high
heat. Brush griddle with melted butter.
- Working in batches, add batter
to skillet, using 1 tablespoonful for each
pancake. Cook until pancakes are brown,
about 1 minute per side. Transfer to
platter in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining
batter, brushing with more butter as needed.
- Spoon berry topping over pancakes and
Makes 4 servings.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.